Oct 28 Care Mission
Remind a Senior to “Fall Back” 🕰
Use this home preparedness checklist to help a senior get ready for the time change and to keep their home safe as the seasons change.
Your Care Mission:
It’s time to “Fall Back” and change the clocks this week. It’s also a reminder to do a home safety check and prepare for the winter season ahead. Use this list to help a senior you know prepare for the change in the seasons.
5 Things to Check when you Change Your Clocks
- Batteries. Change batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Drafts. Drafty windows and doors can make for a cold room and high energy bills when the temperatures drop.
- Contact Information. Have names, phone numbers, emails, and a plan in place if there is an emergency or bad weather.
- Health. From regular checkups to vaccinations, consider getting ahead of your health before cold and flu season are in full swing.
- Lights. Replace light bulbs, make sure flashlights are ready for power outages, and add lights to any dim areas to help prevent trips or falls.
Tell us how you prepare for fall and winter in the comments.
Ready to Care?
Sign up, and see how easy it is to give and inspire care.